Fukuda Kanon (福田花音)
- Nickname: Kanyon (かにょん), Kanin (かにょん)
- Birthdate: March 12, 1995
- Birthplace: Saitama, Japan
- Blood Type: A
- Sign: Pisces
- Height: 153 cm
- Favorite Things: Hello! Project, costumes, games, mobile phones
- Favorite Food: Strawberries
- Favorite Animal: Rabbits
- Favorite Color: Yellow, white
- Disliked Thing: Long distance running, slopes, studying
- Hobby: Collecting strawberry goods, reading, theater-going, shopping
- Specialty: Classical ballet, piano, baton, computers, pranks, doing air OO, free throwing
- Least Favorite Food: Fresh cream, soda, anything sticky
- Looks Up To: Abe Natsumi
Fukuda Kanon joined Hello! Project as a member of Hello! Pro Egg in June 2004 when she passed the auditions alongside thirty-two other girls. The aim of the group was to prepare the young girls for their debut into the world of entertainment, as such Fukuda recieved free dance and vocal training alongside the other Eggs.
In November, Fukuda recieved a role in a musical as “Henrika” in “34 choome no kiseki” The musical ran from November to December.
2006, Fukuda continued her training and performed as a backing dancer along with the other Eggs during concerts. And Kanon worked on the Niseen Hikosen Project 2006 campaign single “Sora ga Aru” with three other Hello! Pro Egg members.
She performed in three musicals in 2007, playing “Mao” in “Chitose zuki” in March, performing “Saien!! Chitose zuki” in August and “Heisei Revolution ~Bakku tuze – Byakkotai~” in October. Fukuda also took part in television, “Chao.TV” (started 2007/09/02).
Kanon had another role in a musical in 2008, that being “Bijogi Junction” in April, but a bigger opportunity for Fukuda presented itself when she was selected to be one of the four members for a new Hello! Pro Egg unit alongside Maeda Yuuka, Wada Ayaka and Saho Akari. The group was called Shugo Chara Egg! and was formed to record the opening songs for the anime that Buono! sings for, Shugo Chara!. They released two singles before she graduated from Shugo Chara Egg!’s along side the others.
On April 4th, 2009 Tsunku announced on his blog that a new group was in the works. The members listed were Fukuda Kanon, Maeda Yuuka, Ogawa Saki, and Wada Ayaka. He stated the lineup was subject to change, and that it would be their “major debut”. On May 5th, 2009 Tsunku revealed the name of the new group to be “S/mileage” on his blog. They will graduate from Hello! Pro Egg in the Hello!Project spring concert in 2010.
Also in 2009 Kanon was cast in a film with Yajima Maimi of °C-ute, titled “Fuyu no Kaidan”. She and the original members of Shugo Chara Egg! were in Shugo Chara the Musical!. She played “Nadeshiko Fujisaki”.
- Eats rice for breakfast.
- Has a habit of making weird faces.
- Her favorite spot is her home.
- She is good friends with former Hello! Pro Eggs Okada Robin Shouko and Yutoku Ayumi.
- She practiced ballet since she was two years old, but quit to focus on becoming a Hello! Pro Egg.
- Some fans have compared her to former fourth generation Morning Musume member Kago Ai in looks and personality.
- Shugo Chara Egg! (2008 – )
- Hello! Pro Egg (2004 – )
- S/mileage (2009 – )
- Shin Minimoni (2009 – )
- Lilpri (2010 – )