Maeda Yuuka (前田憂佳)
- Nicknames: Yuukarin (ゆうかりん), Yuuka (ゆうか)
- Birthdate: December 28,1994
- Birthplace: Chiba, Japan
- Sign: Capricorn
- Height: 158 cm
- Blood type: B
- Close friends: Saho Akari, Noto Arisa, Yutoku Ayumi
- Hobbies: Videogames, listening to her H!P senior members’ songs
- Special skills: Piano, penmanship, sleeping a lot
- Favorite H!P song: Happiness ~Koufuku kangei~
- Favorite Tree: Cherry tree
- Favorite Sport: Basketball
- Favorite Thing: Dogs, hamsters, cheese omelette, salmon
- Favorite Color: Pink, red, black
- Disliked Food: Durian, spicy food
- Disliked Thing: Ghosts
- Favorite Character: “Stitch”
- Hobbies: Video games, listening to her senior Hello! Project members’ songs
- Least Favorite Food: Spicy food, durian
- Looks Up To: Takahashi Ai
- “My specialty is sleeping a lot, and I dislike waking up early”
Maeda Yuuka joined Hello! Project as a member of Hello! Pro Egg in June 2004 when she passed the auditions alongside thirty-two other girls. The aim of the group was to prepare the young girls for their debut into the world of entertainment, as such Maeda recieved free dance and vocal training alongside the other Eggs.
In October 2005, Maeda became one of the founding members of Hello! Pro Egg group Tomoiki Ki wo Uetai. They debuted at Morning Musume’s enviromental Culture Festival 2005.
In 2006, Maeda Yuuka continued her training and appeared at numerous Hello! Project concerts as a backing dancer, including the Country Musume concert “Country Musume LIVE2006 ~Shibuya des Date~”.
In March Tomoiki Ki wo Uetai’s blog opened and in July their first song was announced, “Minna no ki”. On August 22, Tomoiki went to do tree-planting activities at PLANT A TREE farm and herb garden in Yamanashiken. In September, Maeda performed “Minna no ki” with Tomoiki at Morning Musume’s environmental Culture Festival 2006 and were backing dancers to Morning Musume’s Kusumi Koharu.
In April 2007 Maeda recieved a role in the musical “Soto wa shiroi haru no kumo” which was later released onto DVD. A few months later in September, Maeda featured in Standardsong Entertainment’s “Ekubo ~people song~”. Maeda also took part in a television show, “Chao.TV” (started 2007/09/02). Maeda appeared as a part of Tomoiki at Morning Musume’s environmental Culture Festival 2007.
2008, Maeda recieved her first proper Hello! Project role when she was selected to become part of the new unit, High-King, alongside important Hello! Project singers such as Morning Musume’s Takahashi Ai and Tanaka Reina. The group was created to promote Morning Musume’s upcoming rendition of Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Cinderella, titled Cinderella the Musical. The group’s debut single, “CC (CinderellaComplex)” was released on June 11, 2008 and attained a peak rank of #6.
Maeda was selected to be one of the four members for a new Hello! Pro Egg unit alongside Wada Ayaka, Fukuda Kanon and Saho Akari. The group was called Shugo Chara Egg! and was formed to record the opening songs for the anime that Buono! sings for, Shugo Chara!. She released two singles witj the group until zhe line-up changed. Then in April, Maeda took part in another musical, “Bijogi Junction”.
On April 4th, 2009 Tsunku announced on his blog that a new group was in the works. The members listed were Maeda Yuuka, Fukuda Kanon, Ogawa Saki, and Wada Ayaka. He stated the lineup was subject to change, and that it would be their “major debut”. On May 5th, 2009 Tsunku revealed the name of the new group to be “S/mileage” on his blog, that means the smile of age. Meada and the rest of the S/mileage members will graduate from Hello! Pro Egg in the Hello!Project spring concert in 2010.
Maeda, along with the original Shugo Chara Egg! joined the cast of Shugo Chara! the Musical. She played the main role of Amu Hinamori.
- Eat’s rice for breakfast.
- Has a habit of touching her hair.
- Her favorite spot is the balcony at school.
- She is close friends with fellow Hello! Pro Egg member Saho Akari, and former members Noto Arisa and Yutoku Ayumi.
- She has several pets: Haru (dog), Aochan (hamster), 3 turtles, goldfish, and carp.
- Maeda was featured in the MBS Drama “Gakincho ~Return Kids~”.
- Hello! Pro Egg (2004 – 2010)
- High King (2008 – )
- Shugo Chara Egg! (2008 – 2009)
- Tomoiki Ki wo Uetai (2006)
- S/mileage (2009 – )
- Lilpri (2010 – )