Tsugunaga Momoko (嗣永 桃子)
- Nicknames: Momo-chan, Momochi, Momo (もも), Piichicchi (ピーチッチ), Tsugu-san (つぐさん)
- Birthdate: March 6, 1992
- Birthplace: Tokyo, Japan
- Blood Type: O
- Height: 150 cm
- Hobbies: “Read manga! I love manga”
- Special Abilities: “I can sleep anywhere!?”
- Strong Point: “Do something until the end even if I’m not good at it?”
- Weak Point: “I always dedicate too much time to everything I do, no matter what I’m doing!”
- Things she doesn’t like to do: Dance…
- Scared of: Roller Coasters, Haunted Houses…
- Favorite Movie: “Hamutarou”!
- Favorite Book: Manga
- Favorite Word: “Itsumo happy” (Always happy)
- Favorite Food: Sea Urchins, Kanpachi, Crab
- Hated Food: Green Peas
- Habit: When I’m nervous, my voice gets higher?
- Favorite color: Pink, yellow
- Favorite flower: Tulip (red ones)
- Favorite season: Fall!! Because there’s lots of delicious things to eat
- Favorite song: “Uwaki na Honey Pie” (Country Musume ni Konno to Fujimoto)
- Charm point: Eyelashes. They’re a bit longer than most people’s!
Tsugunaga Momoko joined Hello! Project as one of the fifteen Hello! Project Kids. She played the lead protagonist in the 2002 Hello! Project movie Koinu Dan no Monogatari. In 2003, she was a member of the one-shot unit ZYX and released two singles with the group before it became inactive.
In 2004, Tsugunaga was one of the eight members selected to form Berryz Koubou, where she became one of the group’s lead vocalists. In 2007 she was selected for the sub-group Buono!, which mainly releases songs for the anime Shugo Chara!, along with fellow Berryz Koubou member Natsuyaki Miyabi and °C-ute member Suzuki Airi . Although she self-proclaimed herself as the leader of Buono! early on, in 2009 she announced that she was named the official leader of the group.
She was a member of Little Gatas futsal team, and is now a reserve member for Gatas Brilhantes H.P..
Berryz Koubou held a concert in Saitama Super Arena for first time in 2007, where Momoko also performed a solo song for the first time. She interpreted Koi wa Hipparidako, which is part of the Berryz’s first album, 1st Chou Berryz.
In April 7, 2009, she also began hosting her own radio show called Momoko no Puripuri Princess, which airs on JOQR every Tuesday (23:35 to 23:50), replacing Berryz Koubou’s Kiritsu! Rei! Chakuseki! radio program which aired in the same slot.
On August 31, 2009, Momoko held a solo release event for her 4th photobook, momochiiii, which hadn’t been done before by a member of Berryz Koubou (though she was third to do so among Hello! Project Kids).
Starting from February 23, 2010, Up to Boy (UTB) magazine and WaniBooks Mobile are collaborating with Momo to create “Momo Pro” (もも♥プロ), a magazine corner where Momo teachs people how to become a professional.
- She is currently the shortest Berryz Kobou member with 149.8 cm. Previously, until mid 2007, Shimizu Saki had the record,until it was pointed out that Saki was 2 cm higher than Momoko.
- Even though she is not considered one of the best dancers in Hello! Project Kids, she is considered the primary dancer in Berryz Kobou, she is normally placed at the front of choreography’s.
- Audition song: Koi wo Shichaimashita! (Tanpopo).
- Has a younger brother that does karate (there’s a gap of 7 years between them).
- When she was little, she wanted to become a florist.
- She is easily distinguishable among the other members of Berryz Koubou because of her short stature and unique singing voice.
- Has stated that her favorite artist is Sakurazuka Yakkun (cross-dressing comedian, seiyuu and singer).
- She likes to read mystery novels.
- She dislikes clowns and still screams when she sees them.
- Hates maccha green tea, though she likes sweetened beverage green tea.
- Has a habit of sticking out pinky little finger, although she has tried to get rid of the habit. Inaba Atsuko confronted her about it on Gyao’s Hello Pro Hour.
- Fellow Berryz Koubou member Natsuyaki Miyabi often helps her with her make-up.
- She appears on the PV for Fujimoto Miki’s Boogie Train ’03 along with fellow Hello! Project Kids Sudou Maasa, Tokunaga Chinami, and Umeda Erika.
- Was considered to be one of the best actresses of Hello! Project Kids, along with Murakami Megumi (who has since graduated).
- For Berryz Koubou’s first Hawaii Fan Club tour, she drew a picture of all 8 members.
- In their flight to Hawaii, she talked to Sugaya Risako the whole way (approximately 8 hours), who sat beside her. As a result, she fell asleep upon arriving in Hawaii.
- Every year, she celebrates her anniversary of becoming an idol (June 30th, 2002) with her family.
- Momo’s father has a tendency of calling her “momochii” when he’s going to give or do something for her.
- During dance lessons, she always helped (now graduated) member Ishimura Maiha, who had the hardest time learning dance routines.
- On her radio show, Momoko no Puripuri Princess, she stated that she looks up to fellow Berryz Koubou member Sudou Maasa.
- In her 3rd solo event Momoko sang 5 solo songs, while the other members sang a song together with fans during their solo events.
- Momoko was featured in a magazine that talked about Hello! Project members that came from poor families (Fujimoto Miki and Kago Ai were also featured). The article stated that they all became idols to get rich, but details were unconfirmed and didn’t include interviews from reliable sources, so the article is considered rumor.
- A fan once called her “Chaplin” because she has a tendency to explain things by gesturing.
- She stated in the Berryz Koubou concert ~Sono Subete no Ai ni~ that her best subject in school was Music, and that her favorite food is sea urchin.
- Her mother is the youngest among the mothers of Berryz Koubou mothers.
- In October 2009, Momoko was featured on the cover of Rajio Bangumi-hyou’s Autumn 2009 issue (ラジオ番組表 2009秋号). Readers were asked to rank their favorite Radio DJ’s in this issue, where Momoko placed 2nd behind Iwata Chitose (岩田ちとせ). Other Hello! Project members also ranked, including Michishige Sayumi in 6th place, Niigaki Risa & Kamei Eri in 7th (for their co-hosted radio show), and Tanaka Reina in 10th.
- Satoda Mai once praised Momoko by saying, “She is a genuine idol, I think she is a genius at that. It’s like a god descended into her.’”
- Momoko once asked Morning Musume’s Michishige Sayumi if she was ever told that playing the cutesy idol role was painful to watch, how long she planned to continue with the character, and other questions related to their shared burden of playing that role within their respective groups. Because Momoko asked the question seriously, Sayumi was glad that Momo was comfortable with talking to her about her problems.
- Morning Musume’s Takahashi Ai often slaps Momoko’s butt.
- Because of the meaning of her name, Momoko is the “peach” in Berryz Koubou (“momo” translating to “peach”). She and Sugaya Risako are the only two with fruits in their names (the symbol standing for “ri” in her name can also be read as “nashi,” a type of pear).
- She calls her little finger “pinky.”
- In January 2010, she stated in an interview for Thai magazine Nation Junior Magazine that she’d like to be an “eternal idol,” and that she sees herself as still working and still being an idol in 50 years.
- In the episode 56 of her Radio (April 28, 2010), Momoko announced that she will be a University student soon in order to get a teacher’s license for kindergarden or elementary school.
- H.P. All Stars (2004)
- Hello! Project Kids (2002 – )
- ZYX (2003)
- Berryz Koubou (2004 – )
- Buono! (2007 – )
- ZYX-α (2009 – )